Arlo Surpasses 2 Million Paid Subscribers
Achievement Speaks to Ongoing Innovation and Dedication to User Experience
SAN JOSE, Calif. — March 16, 2023 — Arlo Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ARLO), ), a leading smart home security brand, today announced it has surpassed 2 million total paid subscribers. The success speaks to the brand’s ongoing innovation and robust ecosystem of award-winning hardware, software, and services. From comprehensive and customizable smart notifications to 24/7 Emergency Response and Professional Monitoring, Arlo makes it simple for users to protect their everything with the utmost peace of mind.
“After adding 189,000 paid accounts in Q4 2022, Arlo continued to acquire new subscribers in Q1, reaching 2 million total subscribers and doubling our paid accounts in just five quarters,” said Matt McRae, CEO of Arlo. “Additionally, new products like the Arlo Home Security System backed by Professional Monitoring and Arlo Safe will add to our pace of subscriber acquisition in 2023. This continued success illustrates the value we provide to customers as we help them stay protected both at home and on the go.”Features of Arlo Secure subscriptions include:
- Advanced Object Detection – Arlo processes and filters 50 million events each day using proprietary computer vision and advanced artificial intelligence to recognize people, packages, vehicles, and animals which adds key context to notifications and reduces unwanted alerts.
- Smart Interactive Notifications – Users can take quicker action by responding to rich notifications or viewing an animated preview of a notification video through the lock screen on their smartphone or other smart device.
- Smart Activity Zones – Users can reduce unwanted notifications by highlighting specific areas on their property where they want motion to be detected.
- 4K Cloud-based Video Recording – View 30 days of motion event recordings with up to 4K resolution stored remotely and securely on Arlo’s SmartCloud platform for ultimate peace of mind.
- 24/7 Emergency Response with Direct Dispatch (Secure Plus) – One touch dispatch of fire, police, or medical first responders directly from Arlo’s mobile application in the event of an emergency. Arlo’s Emergency Response team can also provide critical location information to responders en route to better prepare them, such as gate codes, medical conditions of family members, and pet details.
- 24/7 Professional Monitoring (Arlo Safe & Secure Pro) – Professional monitoring for Arlo’s Security System provided around the clock by award winning, 5 diamond, and UL listed call centers that provide full emergency support.
- Priority Care & Support – Subscribers get priority technical support through the in-app Help Center with omni-channel access to phone, chat, community and self-help articles.
- Personal Safety Response – One touch access to real time emergency help via the Arlo Safe application or Arlo Safe button accessory.
- 24/7 Emergency Response with Direct Dispatch – One touch dispatch of fire, police, or medical first responders directly from Arlo’s mobile application in the event of an emergency. Arlo’s Emergency Response team can also provide critical location information to responders en route to better prepare them, such as gate codes, medical conditions of family members, and pet details.
- Crash Detection & Response – Advanced impact detection expedites emergency response in the event of a vehicle accident by sharing appropriate location and medical information with first responders.
- Family Safety (Family Plan) – Never miss a moment with the ability to know where opt-in family members have been, see their current location, or send help directly to them in an emergency.
Arlo Secure subscription plans currently start at $12.99 per month to support unlimited home security devices with up to 4K video recordings. For those who want even greater peace of mind, Arlo Secure Plus grants access to the potentially lifesaving 24/7 Emergency Response feature for $17.99 per month. Arlo Safe monthly subscription plans start at $4.99 for individuals, $9.99 for families, or the all-new Safe and Secure Pro plan, providing the best value for complete security at home and on the go for $24.99 per month.
For more information on the full range of Arlo smart home security products and services, visit www.arlo.com.
About Arlo Technologies, Inc.
Arlo is the award-winning, industry leader that is transforming the way people experience the connected lifestyle. Arlo’s deep expertise in product design, wireless connectivity, cloud infrastructure, and cutting-edge AI capabilities focuses on delivering a seamless, smart home experience for Arlo users that is easy to setup and interact with every day. The company’s cloud-based platform provides users with visibility, insight, and a powerful means to help protect and connect in real-time with the people and things that matter most, from any location with a Wi-Fi or a cellular connection. To date, Arlo has launched several categories of award-winning smart connected devices, software and services, including wire-free smart Wi-Fi and LTE-enabled security cameras, audio and video doorbells, a floodlight, the Arlo App and Arlo Secure, an AI-based subscription service designed to maximize security through personalized notifications and emergency services for quicker help during a crisis.
With a mission to bring users peace of mind, Arlo is as passionate about protecting user privacy as it is about safeguarding homes and families. Arlo is committed to supporting industry standards for data protection designed to keep users’ personal information private and in their control. Arlo does not monetize personal data. Arlo provides enhanced controls for user data, supports privacy legislation, keeps user data safely secure, and puts security at the forefront of company culture.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995:
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is one of the nation’s oldest and largest financial institutions, with $226.7 billion in assets as of December 31, 2022. Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, Citizens offers a broad range of retail and commercial banking products and services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, large corporations and institutions. Citizens helps its customers reach their potential by listening to them and by understanding their needs in order to offer tailored advice, ideas and solutions. In Consumer Banking, Citizens provides an integrated experience that includes mobile and online banking, a full-service customer contact center and the convenience of approximately 3,400 ATMs and approximately 1,100 branches in 14 states and the District of Columbia. Consumer Banking products and services include a full range of banking, lending, savings, wealth management and small business offerings. In Commercial Banking, Citizens offers a broad complement of financial products and solutions, including lending and leasing, deposit and treasury management services, foreign exchange, interest rate and commodity risk management solutions, as well as loan syndication, corporate finance, merger and acquisition, and debt and equity capital markets capabilities. More information is available at www.citizensbank.com or visit us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995:
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words “anticipate,” “expect,” “believe,” “will,” “may,” “should,” “estimate,” “project,” “outlook,” “forecast” or other similar words are used to identify such forward-looking statements. However, the absence of these words does not mean that the statements are not forward-looking. The forward-looking statements represent Arlo Technologies, Inc.’s (the “Company” or “Arlo”) expectations or beliefs concerning future events based on information available at the time such statements were made and include statements regarding lowering the barrier of entry and broadening the market for DIT security and Arlo cameras, Arlo video doorbells, Arlo Secure, Arlo Secure Plus and future Arlo products. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including the following: future demand for the Company's products may be lower than anticipated; consumers may choose not utilize payment plans or to adopt the Company's new product offerings, or may adopt competing products; and product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions. Further, certain forward-looking statements are based on assumptions as to future events that may not prove to be accurate. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecast in such forward-looking statements. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect Arlo and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risk factors described in the Company's most recently filed Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these circumstances, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Arlo undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.