Arlo Unveils Ai-powered Service Plans, Complete With New One-touch Emergency Response and Coverage for Unlimited Devices
IP-Security Camera Brand is First-of-Its-Kind to Enable Live, Human-Assisted Emergency Agent Support, Allowing Users to Directly Dispatch Appropriate First Responders
SAN JOSE, Calif. — July 21, 2021 — Arlo Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ARLO), a leading smart home security brand, today announced its new AI-based subscription service plans with the introduction of Arlo Secure and Secure Plus. The premium services boast support for unlimited household security devices, along with advanced AI object detection, and smarter, more interactive notifications. Additionally, the new 24/7, one-touch Emergency Response is available with the Secure Plus plan, enabling Arlo users to directly dispatch first responders during an emergency for quicker action.
In the event of an emergency when every second counts, thanks to Arlo’s new Emergency Response service, with one touch, customers can rapidly send fire, police or medical responders to a camera’s location. This eliminates the need to physically talk to a dispatcher, saving precious time so users can stay focused on managing the emergency or getting back to their home. Agents will share critical information input by customers into the Arlo App, enabling emergency personnel to better prepare while en route. Users will receive updates from Arlo Emergency Response agents via their preferred method of communication, through SMS messaging, or a voice call.
“The unveil of the Arlo Secure and Arlo Secure Plus represent Arlo’s commitment to enhanced emergency support and customer feedback, delivering complete peace of mind at a greater value,” says Tejas Shah, Senior Vice President of Product and Chief Intelligence Officer at Arlo Technologies, Inc. “Our users wanted easy-to-understand subscription options to help them protect their homes and loved ones, and we listened.”
Arlo Secure plans start at $9.99 a month to support unlimited security devices in the home. Alternatively, Arlo Secure Plus not only supports all household cameras, but also increases video recording quality up to 4K for supported devices and includes the Emergency Response feature for $14.99 a month. For customers with a single device, Arlo offers a $2.99 a month option.
Features of the Arlo Secure subscriptions include:
- Emergency Response (Arlo Secure Plus) – With one touch, dispatch fire, police, or medical responders to the camera’s location. If directed by the user, Arlo’s Emergency Response team can also provide critical location information to responders en route to better prepare them, such as gate codes, medical conditions of family members, and pet details.
- 2K (Arlo Secure) and 4K (Arlo Secure Plus) Cloud-based Video Recording – View 30 days of recordings securely stored on Arlo’s SmartCloud platform, for ultimate peace of mind and protection even if the device is damaged or stolen in a break-in, storm or other physical incident.
- Unlimited Cameras – Users can enjoy Arlo Secure service for all cameras in their home with one all-encompassing plan. Add new Arlo cameras for no additional charge.
- Advanced Object Detection – Arlo processes and filters 50 million events each day through advanced object detection backed by visual artificial intelligence, allowing for better recognition of people, packages, vehicles, and animals to add key context to notifications and reduce unwanted alerts.
- Smart Interactive Notifications – Users can take quicker action by responding to rich notifications or viewing an animated preview of a notification video through the lock screen on their smartphone.
- Smoke and CO Alarm Detection – Get notified when the camera hears a smoke or CO alarm triggered.
- Cloud-based Activity Zones – Users can reduce unwanted notifications by highlighting specific areas on their property where they want motion to be detected.
- Call a Friend – Customers can instantly call a friend through the Arlo App from their notification screen with one tap.
- 24/7 Priority Support – Subscribers get priority technical support through the in-app Help Center with omni-channel access to phone, chat, Community or self-help articles.
Starting July 21, Arlo hardware purchases will ship with a three-month free trial of Arlo Secure Plus features. For more information on the full range of Arlo smart home security products and services, visit www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html.
About Arlo Technologies, Inc.
Arlo is the award-winning, industry leader that is transforming the way people experience the connected lifestyle. Arlo’s deep expertise in product design, wireless connectivity, cloud infrastructure and cutting-edge AI capabilities focuses on delivering a seamless, smart home experience for Arlo users that is easy to setup and interact with every day. The company’s cloud-based platform provides users with visibility, insight and a powerful means to help protect and connect in real-time with the people and things that matter most, from any location with a Wi-Fi or a cellular connection. To date, Arlo has launched several categories of award-winning smart connected devices, including wire-free smart Wi-Fi and LTE-enabled security cameras, audio and video doorbells, and a floodlight.
With a mission to bring users peace of mind, Arlo is as passionate about protecting user privacy as it is about safeguarding homes and families. Arlo is committed to supporting industry standards for data protection designed to keep users’ personal information private and in their control. Arlo does not monetize personal data. Arlo provides enhanced controls for user data, supports privacy legislation, keeps user data safely secure, and puts security at the forefront of company culture.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995:
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words “anticipate,” “expect,” “believe,” “will,” “may,” “should,” “estimate,” “project,” “outlook,” “forecast” or other similar words are used to identify such forward-looking statements. However, the absence of these words does not mean that the statements are not forward-looking. The forward-looking statements represent Arlo Technologies, Inc.’s expectations or beliefs concerning future events based on information available at the time such statements were made and include statements regarding Arlo cameras, Arlo video doorbells, Arlo Secure and future Arlo products. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including the following: future demand for the Company's products may be lower than anticipated; consumers may choose not to adopt the Company's new product offerings or adopt competing products; and product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions. Further, certain forward-looking statements are based on assumptions as to future events that may not prove to be accurate. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecast in such forward-looking statements. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect Arlo and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risk factors described in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ending December 31, 2020 and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended March 27, 2021. Given these circumstances, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Arlo undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
1 This statement is based on the competitive landscape for home security systems in July 2021.
2 Beginning July 21, 2021, Arlo Smart subscription plans will no longer be available for purchase. Instead, Arlo Secure plans will be available to Arlo customers.