Arlo Terms of Sale
Pricing and Condition Policy
All prices mentioned in the Website do not include sales tax, and we will ship your product free for qualifying orders over $35 within the Arlo Shipping Region (except for Alaska and Hawaii). See the section on Payment Methods and taxes for more detailed information on applicable taxes.
If you want a product shipped to Alaska or Hawaii or if you want it delivered per express shipping, additional shipping fees will apply. See our delivery and shipping terms for more information. We do not ship outside of the United States.
Requirements to purchase a product on Arlo.com
In order to place a valid order for Arlo products on the Website, you must meet the following requirements:
- 1. You are 18 years of age or older and if you are ordering on behalf of a company you are authorized to conclude contracts on behalf of this company;
- 2. You are an end user and do not intend to resell the product(s); and
- 3. You guarantee that the information you provide to Arlo in the order is accurate and complete.
Ordering & Payment
You can order your Arlo product by Clicking on ‘Buying Options’ on the Website and add the product/s of choice to your shopping cart. Once you have added everything you need to your shopping cart and click ‘checkout now’ fill in the requested information or just log in to your Arlo account if you are a returning customer.
Once you click on ‘place your order’ your order is final. This means you will have to pay the purchase price.
If any of the scenarios for non-acceptance apply, Arlo may reject or cancel your order in which case we will refund any payment you have made. Once you have placed your order, you will receive an order confirmation by email.
Orders are processed pending availability and payment confirmation. Orders placed on or before 11:00 am US PT (Pacific Time) will begin processing on the same business day. Arlo will contact you with a follow-up email if the product you have selected is not currently in stock or if we need additional information for credit verification.
Arlo Refurbished Products
Arlo Refurbished products are inspected and tested to work and look like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Arlo. The inspection and testing process includes a full diagnostic test, and a thorough cleaning process carried out by Arlo. The products have no visible cosmetic imperfections when held 13-15 inches away. The products may be packaged in a generic box and come with the accessories expected for a new product, with exceptions, if any, mentioned on the product detail page. All Refurbished products come with the 90-day Arlo Guarantee.
Once an order has been processed, it can only be cancelled up to 1 hour after being placed. To cancel an order, log into your account, go to “Order History”, find the order and select “Cancel” in the upper right corner.
Although we make every effort to keep sufficient stock of items listed on Arlo.com, occasionally we do sell out of certain products. If we are out of stock on an item that you've ordered, we will notify you via email. Any changes will be reflected in your order total as well as in your shipping confirmation. The products sold on our site are intended for personal use only, not for resale. We reserve the right to cancel orders that appear to be for resale purposes.
Non-acceptance of your order
- You are not meeting the requirements for sale;
- Arlo is unable to obtain authorization of your payment;
- You are requesting shipment to a location that is not within the Arlo Shipping Region.
- Products shown on the Website contain a manifest error, such as being incorrectly priced or otherwise incorrectly described; and
- Other special circumstances that justify cancellation of the order, including but not limited to the misuse of a discount code and/or suspicion of fraud.
Arlo accepts Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, and Paypal.
In accordance with the state law, if an item is subject to sales tax, it will be taxed using the applicable sales tax rate for your shipping address at the time of order. The amount of tax charged on your order will depend upon many factors including type of item purchased and destination of the shipment. Factors can change between the time you place an order and the time of payment, which could affect the calculation of sales taxes. The amount appearing on your order as sales tax may differ from the sales taxes ultimately charged.
Shipping & Delivery
If you place your order and your payment is confirmed, we will ship your order within one business day. We will send you a shipping confirmation and tracking code as soon as we have shipped your order.
You normally will receive your Arlo products within 7 business days of your order. Such shipping is free of charge for qualifying orders over $35 and if your order is shipped within the Arlo shipping region (except Alaska or Hawaii). Our shipping partner may send you an email offering more detailed delivery services, like the possibility to opt for a particular delivery slot. This is a service offered by the shipping partner and is not provided by Arlo.
If you need expedited delivery you can opt for express delivery when placing your order. The additional costs for expedited shipping are indicated in your order. So, you will know what the costs will be before selecting the option.
Products purchased on the Website will only be shipped to addresses within the United States and are subject to United States and foreign export control laws and regulations. Products must be purchased, sold, exported, re-exported, transferred, and used in compliance with these export laws and regulations.
- Under certain circumstances, we may not be able to deliver to freight forwarders, hotels, PO Boxes or armed services APO/FPO/DPO
- We do not ship on weekends or public holidays
- We may from time to time offer products for pre-orders or backorders. In such case we will not be able to ship to you within the delivery terms as set out above and will inform you of the expected shipping date when known and when the product ultimately ships.
- If your order is subject to review due to a suspicion of fraud, delivery may be delayed and/or cancelled.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Arlo's return policy allows for products purchased directly from Arlo.com to be returned by the original purchaser during the initial thirty (30) day period from date of shipment. We will refund the full purchase price.
In order to return your product under the return policy, please check that:
- You have purchased the product directly from Arlo.com
- You contact Arlo and begin the return process within 30 days from the original shipment date;
- The product is returned in the original Arlo packaging, with all materials included, and in new or as-new condition; and
- You strictly follow the Arlo return instructions as set out below.
An Arlo return authorization number (RMA) must first be obtained as provided below. We will only refund you the purchase price, shipping and handling are not refundable.
What you need to do if you want to return a product:
Contact our Customer Support team for RMA authorization
The return authorization number must first be obtained from Arlo's Customer Service by calling 1-866-703-7170, 6:00AM to 6:00PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
Use the Arlo shipping label and save a copy
You will receive an email confirming the RMA number and a prepaid returns shipping label. Follow the shipping instructions on the label to send the products back to Arlo. We are unable to process returned products sent using an alternate carrier or shipping label. Retain a copy of the shipping label with the applicable tracking number provided by the carrier.
Return the product within 14 days of the RMA issue
Arlo must receive the returned item within 14 calendar days after an RMA number has been issued and the unit returned must match the serial number specified in the RMA. Package the product in a way that will avoid damage in transit. All contents (brochures and wires) need to be included and the product must be returned in its original Arlo packaging.
Receive your refund or a repaired or replacement product
You may expect to see a credit to your account within 10-15 business days. Credit will be issued in the same manner as your original purchase payment.
Return authorization numbers are valid for only fifteen (15) days from issuance. If the product is returned to Arlo without an Arlo return authorization number, and/or beyond the fifteen (15) day period, and/or without proper packaging, Arlo retains the right to refuse delivery of such return or may return the unit to you at your expense and with no refund issued.
A defective Arlo product? This is our Arlo Warranty.
We stand for the quality of our Arlo products. The details of this warranty are set out in our One Year Limited Hardware Warranty
Your local consumer protection laws may provide additional rules on warranty. The Arlo Warranty does not in any way restrict the rights that you may have under such rules.
General Legal Terms
Arlo may change these Terms of Sale at any time by posting revised terms on this Website. However, such changes will not affect the terms applicable to sales that were concluded prior to the date the revised Terms of Sale were posted. If any part of these Terms of Sale is for any reason unenforceable, that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Terms of Sale.
These Terms of Sale are subject to the law of the state where you live.
Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration; Class Action Waiver. PLEASE READ THIS PROVISION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS OF SALE, YOU AND ARLO ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY AND TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
Binding Arbitration. To the extent possible under your local law, both you and Arlo agree to arbitrate any and all disputes or claims arising from, in connection with, or in any way relating to the subject matter of these Terms of Sale. All disputes concerning whether a claim is subject to arbitration (including disputes about the interpretation, breach, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of these Terms of Sale) shall be decided by the arbitrator. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury to resolve claims. Arbitration is less formal than a traditional court proceeding and the arbitrator’s decision is subject to limited review by courts.
The arbitration will be governed and administered by the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS") then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and consumer contract disputes, who will be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. To the extent JAMS is not available in your state, the arbitration will be governed and administered by the American Arbitration Association Consumer Arbitration Rules. The right to arbitration under these Terms of Sale is protected by, and any arbitration will also be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1 et seq.). Both parties agree that the parties’ relationship involves interstate commerce. Judgement upon the award so rendered may be entered in a court having jurisdiction, or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be.
Exceptions to Arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party will have the right to institute an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injustice or other equitable relief pending a final decision by the arbitrator. For all purposes of these Terms of Sale, for any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the United States Federal Courts located in the Northern District of California.
Class Action Waiver. The parties agree that they both give up the right to a jury trial, and that each may bring claims against the other only on an individual basis, and not as plaintiff or class member in any purported class action lawsuit or representative proceeding or consolidation action: CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED
This Arbitration Provision is Optional. You may decline or opt out of this agreement to arbitrate by sending written and signed notice to firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) calendar days of agreeing to these Terms of Sale.
Arlo Trade-in Program Terms and Conditions
Please read the following Arlo Trade-in Program terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully to understand your rights and obligations. By participating in the Arlo Trade-in Program, you agree that you understand, acknowledge, and accept the Terms.
How the Arlo Trade-in Program works
- You must purchase an Arlo Video Doorbell directly from Arlo.com from January 6 – April 19, 2020.
- You must apply the Doorbell50 coupon code at check-out indicating that you will be exchanging (trading in) a doorbell. You will be charged full price for the Arlo Video Doorbell at check-out.
- If you applied the Doorbell50 coupon code at check-out then Arlo.com will include a pre-paid shipping label with your purchase shipment allowing you to send your exchanged doorbell back to Arlo.
- You must ship your exchanged doorbell back to Arlo within 30 days of your purchase of the Arlo Video Doorbell. You will NOT be able to get your exchanged doorbell back once it is shipped to Arlo.
- Your exchanged doorbell must be from the Eligible Model List below.
- Arlo will verify the exchanged doorbell is an Eligible Model and upon verification will issue a $50 credit to your method of payment. Issuance of the credit may take up to three weeks from Arlo’s receipt of your exchanged doorbell.
Eligible Model List
- Ring Video Doorbell
- Ring Video Doorbell 2
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Ring Video Doorbell Elite
- Ring Peephole Cam
- SimpliSafe Pro Video Doorbell
- Skybell Trim Plus Video Doorbell
- August Doorbell Cam Pro
- August View Wire-Free Doorbell Camera
- Eufy Video Doorbell
- EZVIZ DB1 WiFi Video Doorbell
- Honeywell DBCAM Trim
- LaView 1080p Video Doorbell
- LaView One Halo Video Doorbell
- Maximus Answer DualCam Video Doorbell
- Nest Hello
- Night Owl Smart WiFi Video Doorbell
- RCA HSDB2A Video Doorbell
- Remo+ RemoBell Wireless Video Doorbell
- Remo+ RemoBell S Video Doorbell
- Skybell HD Video Doorbell
- Swann Wire-Free Video Doorbell
- Uniden U-Bell Wireless Video Doorbell
- Wisenet SmartCam D1 Wired Video Doorbell
- Zmodo Greet HD Smart Doorbell
- ARLO TECHNOLOGIES, INC, ITS AFFILIATES, VENDORS, AND SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY ARLO, ITS VENDORS AND SUPPLIERS MAY REFERRED TO AS “WE” OR “US”) WILL NOT RETURN ANY EXCHANGED DOORBELL THAT YOU TRADE-IN. YOU AGREE TO SAVE INFORMATION YOU WANT TO KEEP ON ANOTHER DEVICE PRIOR TO TRADING IN YOUR EXCHANGED DOORBELL. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF ANY DATA FROM EXCHANGED DOORBELLS. DATA ON YOUR EXCHANGED DOORBELL MAY BE DELETED AND WILL BE UNRECOVERABLE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BEFORE SENDING YOUR EXCHANGED DOORBELL TO ARLO TO YOU HAVE: ERASED ANY PERSONAL, CONFIDENTIAL OR SENSITIVE DATA FROM YOUR EXCHANGED DOORBELL.
- Only exchanged doorbells from the Eligible Model List will receive the $50 credit, unless Arlo waives this requirement in its sole discretion.
- Arlo may make changes to the Eligible Model List.
- Promotion available on Arlo.com in the US only.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Promotion dates: January 6 – April 19, 2020.
- Limit one doorbell and exchange per customer.
- Promotion cannot be combined with any other promotion.
- Exchanged doorbell must be sent to Arlo within 30 days of purchase of the Arlo Video Doorbell. If you fail to send your exchanged doorbell within 30 days of your purchase of the Arlo Video Doorbell then you may no longer be eligible for the $50 credit.
- Promotion good while supplies last.
- Arlo reserves the right to refuse or limit any trade-in transaction for any reason.
- Additional Restrictions and limitations may apply. Promotions, terms and restrictions subject to change and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice.
- You must deactivate all services to your exchanged doorbell before trade-in. We are not responsible for any charges accrued before, during, or after you send in your exchanged doorbell. If you incur any charges, it is your responsibility to pay those charges.
- You represent you are the sole and rightful owner of the exchanged doorbell, have paid off all amounts owed for the exchanged doorbell, are not trading in a lost or stolen exchanged doorbell, and the exchanged doorbell is free from all liens or claims by third parties.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE $50 CREDIT TOWARDS AN ARLO VIDEO DOORBELL PURCHASE. IN NO EVENT WILL ARLO BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY TRADE-IN OF YOUR EXCHANGED DOORBELL.
- BINDING ARBITRATION. To the extent possible under your local law, both you and Arlo agree to arbitrate any and all disputes or claims arising from, in connection with, or in any way relating to the promotion. All disputes concerning whether a claim is subject to arbitration (including disputes about the interpretation, breach, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of the Terms) will be decided by the arbitrator. The arbitration will be governed and administered by the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving consumer contract disputes, who will be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. To the extent JAMS is not available in your state, the arbitration will be governed and administered by the American Arbitration Association Consumer Arbitration Rules. The right to arbitration under the Terms is protected by, and any arbitration will also be governed by, the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1 et seq.). Both parties agree that the parties’ relationship involves interstate commerce. Judgment upon the award so rendered may be entered in a court having jurisdiction, or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be.
- EXCEPTIONS TO ARBITRATION. Each party will have the right to institute an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable relief pending a final decision by the arbitrator. For all purposes of the Terms, for any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the United States Federal Courts located in the Northern District of California.
- CLASS ACTION WAIVER. The parties agree that they both give up the right to a jury trial, and that each may bring claims against the other only on an individual basis, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action lawsuit or representative proceeding or consolidation action: CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us at 1-866-703-7170
If you contact us, it is helpful if you give a clear description of your question or comment. This will make it easier to sort it out for you. Also include your email or telephone number, so we know where to reach you. We will do our best to respond to your communication within one business day.