How do I create a mode for my Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?
- Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
- Tap or click Mode.
- Tap or click the device for which you want to create a mode.
- Tap or click Add a Mode.
- Enter a name for the mode and tap or click Next.
The Trigger Device page displays.
- Tap or click a device, then tap or click Next.
Note: If you have just one device synced with your base station, your device is preselected.
- If you want the selected device to perform an action when motion or audio is detected, tap or click Next. Otherwise, clear the check box for the trigger that you do not want to use.
- If you selected motion as a trigger, set the Motion Sensitivity using the slider and tap or click Next.
Note: If you're not sure what sensitivity to use, you can use the motion detection test after you finish creating the mode. For more information about the motion detection test, visit How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro cameras?.
- If you selected audio as a trigger, set the Audio Detection Sensitivity using the slider and click or tap Next.
- Select a camera or base station and tap or click Next.
- Select a mode for the device that you selected on the previous page.
Note: You can select Record video or Do nothing.
- If you are using an Arlo Pro base station and you want to turn on the base station siren when the device detects motion or sound, select the Turn Siren ON check box.
- If you selected Record video, use the slider to specify how long you want your device to record when motion or audio is detected and tap or click Next.
Note: You can also select Record until activity stops, which records video for up to 300 seconds.
- If you selected Turn Siren ON, set the sliders for Siren Duration and Siren Loudness and tap or click Next.
Note: The base station siren is very loud. Prolonged exposure to the siren might cause permanent hearing loss. Use caution when creating siren triggers.
- Select the notifications that you want to receive and tap or click Next.
- If you selected Email Alerts, enter the email addresses that you want to receive alerts and tap or click Next.
- Review the summary of your settings and tap or click Save.
Your new mode is saved. You can now select it from the mode menu.