Arlo Ultra 2 FAQ
- What is the difference between Arlo Ultra 2 and Arlo Ultra?
Arlo Ultra 2 has all the same features as the original Arlo Ultra and more. These features include increased connectivity range, dual-band WiFi, and a 4K Arlo Smart trial. For more information, visit What is the difference between the Arlo Ultra 2 and Arlo Ultra cameras?.
- Can I place my Arlo Ultra 2 camera further away from my SmartHub or base station than my Arlo Ultra camera?
Yes. Arlo Ultra 2 has better range than Arlo Ultra, so it can be placed farther from your SmartHub or base station. For help positioning your camera, visit How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?.
- Do I get an Arlo Smart trial when I purchase an Arlo Ultra 2 camera?
Yes. Arlo Ultra 2 cameras come with a 3-month trial to Arlo Smart, with 4K streaming and recording included. For more information, visit What is included in the Arlo Smart 3-month trial?.
- Does Arlo Ultra 2 output 4K resolution?
Yes. Arlo Ultra 2 outputs 3840x2160 resolution at 16x9 aspect ratio.
- Does Arlo Ultra 2 have HDR?
Yes. Your Arlo Ultra 2 camera automatically determines when to use HDR to optimize high-contrast areas in the camera’s field of view. For more information, visit How do I use HDR with my Arlo camera?.
- How wide is the viewing angle on Arlo Ultra 2?
The lens is a 180-degree diagonal lens with a matching wide range for motion detection. This provides a panoramic view as if your eyes were there.
- What does color night vision mean?
Typical night-time video footage from security cameras is displayed in black and white. Arlo Ultra 2 can output images in color, even at night.
Design and Installation
- Can I use Arlo Ultra 2 indoors and outdoors?
Yes. Arlo Ultra is outdoors weather-resistant. It is wire-free and does not require continuous power. With an additional, outdoor-rated charge cable, you can use Arlo Ultra outdoors.
- Does Arlo Ultra 2 have two microphones?
Yes. The microphones can be used for two-way full-duplex conversations; they also enable noise-cancelling and wind noise reduction.
- Does Arlo Ultra 2 include a siren?
Yes. A siren sound plays directly from the camera. It can be set to trigger manually or automatically when motion or audio is detected. For more information, visit How do I turn the siren on my Arlo camera on or off?.
Accessories and Compatibility
- Does Arlo Ultra 2 have the same mounting options as Arlo Ultra?
Yes. Arlo Ultra 2 can use the same magnetic or screw-in mounts that are compatible with the original Arlo Ultra. You can purchase mounting accessories on Arlo.com.
- Can I use Auto Zoom and Tracking with Arlo Ultra 2?
Yes. Auto Zoom and Tracking is compatible with Arlo Ultra 2, Ultra, Pro 3, and Pro 3 Floodlight. For more information, visit What is Auto Zoom and Tracking and how do I use it?.
- What Arlo SmartHubs or base stations are compatible with Arlo Ultra 2?
You can connect Arlo Ultra 2 to a VMB5000, VMB4540, VMB4500, and VMB4000 SmartHub or base station. For more information, visit What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?.
- What is the minimum upload bandwidth speed required?
Arlo recommends an average upload bandwidth speed of 3Mbps per Ultra 2 camera.
- Which smart home and voice assistant systems is Arlo Ultra 2 compatible with?
Arlo Ultra 2 is compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit, Google Assistant, and IFTTT.
- Will 4k work on the Arlo Ultra 2 battery?
Yes. An efficient video encoding scheme as well as battery optimization algorithms between the camera and SmartHub allow 4K to work with the Arlo Ultra 2 battery.
- Is 4k recording free?
Yes. Arlo Ultra 2 cameras come with a 3-month Arlo Smart trial that allows 4K streaming and cloud recording. You can also record 4K clips to a microSD card. For more information, visit How do I record 4K videos to a local storage device?.
- Can I use continuous video recording (CVR) with Arlo Ultra 2?
Yes. You can purchase a separate CVR subscription for your Arlo Ultra 2 camera. For more information, visit Arlo Smart Plans. For more information, visit What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I use it?.
- What Arlo Smart subscription do I need to record and save 4K videos on the Arlo cloud?
To save videos to the Arlo cloud, you must have an Arlo Smart Elite subscription plan. For more information, visit Arlo Smart Plans.